This is how the bonus structures work in an online gambling house:
- There is the sign-up bonus - most of the online casinos attract their clientele by offering a high sign up bonus. These amounts are usually calculated as a percentage of your first deposit. If your first deposit is $100, and they offer a bonus 50%, you will get an additional 50$ in your account. Some casinos might entice their players even more, by offering a 200% bonus on their second deposit. This is a highly advantageous deal, since you would have quite a nice amount of money to play with.
- Loyalty bonuses- the more the time you spend with the respective casino, the more the casino will respect you. For example, if after three months you are still an active player, you may receive a loyalty bonus of $50 or $100 or even more. The amount of loyalty bonus that you will receive from the house varies from one casino to the other (usually a flat fee).
- Refer a friend bonus- for every friend or acquaintance that you bring to the casino, provided they will sign up and make a deposit, you might receive a referral bonus (fixed amount).
- Deposit multiple for bonus clearing- this simply means that in order to be allowed to use up your bonus you have to deposit & play a certain amount of money. A multiple deposit might require that you play say 10x your initial deposit on different games, until you can use up your available bonus.
- Poker bonus structures- if you choose to play your favorite card game, you are also entitled to receive bonuses. At poker games, the bonus will be given to you based on how many tournaments you participated in, or how many tables of poker you have played in a given time frame.
These are the basic types of bonuses and their structuring that you should learn especially if you are a starter. Make sure that you never deposit more money than you can actually afford, just for the sake of getting your hands on the bonus. Certainly casinos offer many promotions and bonus structure types in order to attract more players. You just have to make sure that you understand the provisions of each casino that you sign up with, since there are no two casinos that will have the same exact strategy for paying out bonuses or other incentives.